Friday, June 12, 2009

British Dogs

This morning on our run Crystal, Helen, and I ran into Amber, a Shar Pei and her owner. A bit later, we saw Amber walking with Henry, a boxer. Henry's owner told us Amber was Henry's girlfriend. They make a cute couple.

For our class field trip, we drove out to Dartmoor, a national park in the middle of Devon. We rented cars to get out there and I attempted to master driving on the left side of the road. The result was fairly successful. Daniel, our professor, brought his two dogs out for the adventure. We stopped to hike out to an Iron Age stone formation. Needless to say, this field, like every other field in Britain, was covered in poop because of the sheep and wild pony population in the region. Despite the poop, the view was worth the hike. The foggy, misty weather was perfect for the setting and we took in some amazing vistas, particularly from the rock slab atop a hill.

1 comment:

  1. Did you drive right through the middle of a traffic circle? I never saw so many sheep in my life as I did in Wales and Scotland. I guess England is the same haha. You look like you're having fun! Are you sure you're there for school? :)

    ReplyDelete